Saturday, February 4, 2012

Growth

And you can spend your life counting down, waiting for the right moment for all of your desires to be fulfilled. You can stumble back upon the steps of our past, as you become blinded by all of the mistakes you  never saw coming. They hurt me then but they'll shatter you now. How you were so numb while every sense within me shook, I will never know or understand. You traced parts of me that you'll never be able to create again, as your bed lies empty like the deepest parts of your soul. We were never right were we? I knew it all along but could never say it aloud, while every piece of me was aching and every part of you was elsewhere. I was much too young and you were much too oblivious. I would never be who I am now if it weren't for you. You showed me what it was to have trust thrown into the darkness, echoing until it became a faint cry for help unanswered. You wore me down until I was weaker than a shadow, broken until I hit the ground and could only look upward. It was because of you that I became nothing, and because of me that I became everything. I took the opportunity to embark upon a journey of self-discovery, answering to nothing but my own beating heart and free will. I shed a thousand skins, going in and out of hatred and love simultaneously. Hot as fire and cold as the night, I became many different versions of myself. I could never have dreaded or dreamed the things I've come across. Life is full of so many curses and so many blessings, to each their own. Signs and stories and years of words unspoken and screamed and I'm still here. I'm still here.

No comments: