Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Ground Is White

"It's snowing", he said.

I lifted my head, and although my eyes were blurred with sleep, all I could see was a blanket of white. Quiet crystals fell from the sky at a leisurely pace, taking their time to settle into the cold streets. The city was all dressed up in the first snowfall of the year...the rooftops below us, the fire escape, the branches of the trees in Tompkins Square Park. Windows that once reflected morning sunlight were crisp and clear. There was a tranquility in the air that I had never felt before. The only sound I could hear was the gentle hum of January wind. The brightness reflected on my transparent winter skin, as his hand traced my neck he moved down to kiss my bare chest. His palm pressed against my hip bone and his fingertips reached the small of my back. The bed was warm and our bodies radiated enough heat to enjoy the cold wind blowing in from the window.


This is going to be a good year, I thought.

No comments: