Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Almost and Never

We're not so different, you and I
Although we hail from separate worlds
We walk on the same solid ground
With feet weighed down by trembling bodies
Fearless passion growing stronger
And don't we gaze at the same sky?
The setting sun and countless stars?
No we're not much different, you and I.

Well you cannot change an elder soul
Or try to tame a wild heart
Nor spin the earth in its reverse
We aren't so distant, you and me
Although we swam in separate seas
The horizon looked the same
Nothing was too far from reach
No we're not so distant, you and me.

So if you wish to stay in your place
This place I simply cannot find
Well that would be alright
Deaf to things that can't be said
Blind to what is out of sight
If dear, you can't escape your head
Then you'll never have to wonder why
We weren't so perfect, you and I.

No comments: