Saturday, October 15, 2011
The Key
Temperate clouds rushed across the faint October sky. I could lay here for hours, waiting for something that might never come. Because today, I don't need anything at all. Everything I've wanted is right here right now, in this solitary moment of all things coming together at the right time. I didn't ask for this, I only hoped for this. My feet have stepped on stones and streets, I could walk for hours and learn more in a day that I could in a year someplace else. All this time I've been searching for my heart, and who knew it would be right here, restless and eager to jump back into my chest. It's relieving to have found a destination. I'll be here a while. The leaves are changing colors, they've grown tired of being perfect in the blinding light of summer. Autumn is blooming and change is in the air. We really don't need much at all, do we?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment