Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Rival of The Standard

No dream too big nor thought too small
The sky set fire the way we meant it to
Well strong the mind and weak the heart
The way that life intended to
And if death walks the way you do
At least I'll go in style
Outstretched arms and clinging hands
We made it worth the while

Well time is not a countdown
Tomorrow is not a threat
What a challenge it is we face
To live life without regret
I've stared at the other side of town
I'm sure it's just the same
What souls have drowned in this attempt
To play society's twisted game

That heavy burden you choose to carry
One day it will bring you down
And you'll be chained to your own deadlines
When you feel the need to escape this town
The strive for perfection could drive you insane
Don't let something else pass you by
Such an expert at the art of being abstained
Well there isn't much fun in being refrained

So we ask ourselves the things we can do
To have two feet planted on solid ground
So our peers can give us a pat on the back
And say something counterfeit but profound
Not too long ago I made a decision
To live life on a whim of free will
And though you won't understand this vision
I'll have my last laugh while you're standing still

No comments: