Another morning gone to waste
Because of a night filled with mistakes
Cheap drinks and bad taste
You had me at goodbye
As you walk away I follow the lead
To all of your beautiful lies
I never truly had you
And know I never will
I wish it wasn't true
But I'm addicted to the thrill
I cannot moderate your heart
I can't control my own free will
When you look at me the world stands still
And slowly starts to spin in reverse
You turn everything upside down
And everything I touch is cursed
My drink is half empty
I try to leave
But you grab my hand and it's the death of me
So we stay up all night and I have no control
I lose myself with you
We finally fall asleep and I dream for hours
And in the morning I struggle to wake up
To the absence of your scent and last night's makeup

No comments:
Post a Comment