Tuesday, March 2, 2010
inner turmoil
I have followed this path for years with a smile on my face, eager to succeed. Over these years I have changed, blossomed, but lately I have grown tired and weak with frustration. Not because I can't keep going, but because I'm not sure that it's what I want anymore. And instead of trudging ahead without thinking or doubting, I am beginning to stagger. I do not look back, but instead I am looking around me for something else, something that better suits me. I am full with feelings of despair and failure. Nothing feels worse than realizing you've been wasting your time, energy, effort, heart and soul for no reason. I want to cry and scream but I can't. I feel like I've turned into stone. All these feelings rage inside me and it makes me pysically, mentally, and emotionally ill. I wish there was a sign staring me straight in the face, or a wise person who could tell me which direction to go. This path has been clear for years but now I can hardly see it. I see others that my heart desires but am afraid that they, too, will become unpromising and disappointing. I feel like the world is against me every day. I am lost and feel I should be found. Either that or I should disappear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment