Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Don't worry, it's all make believe

Up too late, on a rooftop, underneath your sheets. The night admits defeat, and the morning rises. I look into your eyes... it's surreal to have you next to me. The sunlight hits your hair, your shoulders bare...it isn't fair the way you get to me. We gaze at the sky and piece together a story made out of clouds. My heart is beating loud and I'm surprised it doesn't burst. You say love is a blessing, well I say it's a curse. You're a mid-summertime daydream, hazy and out of focus. I light your cigarette...there's not a moment I regret with you. You tell me to kiss you, so I no longer pretend I'm in between. Tangerine, my tangerine...not a reflection, but a silhouette of a dream. Fell for all the things I thought I'd seen...but they were out of my control. I'll always wonder, but never know. I suppose that's the first step towards letting go.

No comments: