Wednesday, October 7, 2009

this crazy breed

After all, I'm only human
Forgive me for these reckless mistakes
Forget the time it takes for me to come around
I can only stand for so long with my two feet on the ground.
My flaws will not fix themselves
My attitude won't change
If you keep trying to perfect me
I'll just become more disarranged.

Society, you sicken me
With eyes that judge and do not see
A lying tongue and blackened heart
Consumed by greed and vanity
We are poisoned from the start
You move slow like a disease
That will kill us all with secrecy.

After all, I'm just a girl
Forgive me for my foolish ways
Forget the days I spend lost inside a dream
I can only hold my breath so long before I start to scream.
I don't want you to love me
I don't want you to think me fair
It's just a facade I've made because I do not care
Just an illusion that you see, because I am not there.

Society, you sicken me
With arms that hug but do not hold
Look at what you've done to me
All these lies you've told
We believed you from the start
And now you sit back and watch
As we fall victim to your every move and tear ourselves apart.

1 comment:

shane said...

reading this made me feel strange inside.