Tuesday, June 25, 2013

you're doing great sugar

We placed our restless bodies onto the cool wooden floor and took deep, concentrated breaths. The walls were scribbled on with colors smeared by the hand of a modern artist. A record spun relentlessly from a box and our ears were filled with music throughout the night. The air tasted like stale cigarettes and our hair was heavy from the mid-July heat. Dim light from the candles wrapped around our bodies like honey. Your eyes were five different shades of green and amber and you looked at me in a way I've never felt before. You were never transparent like the rest of them, but layered, deep, and troubled. Our feet may have been on the ground but you and I, well we were somewhere else. Your blushed lips pressed against mine like silk and I forgot who I was or had ever been before then. You ran your fingers through my tangled auburn hair. We opened the glass doors as the sheer white curtains blew softly and silently in the wind. The sky was grey, the sea was silver. Your skin tasted like salt and sweat and I'll never forget how hard it was to forget you.

No comments: