Saturday, November 24, 2012

Tie Your Shoes

The truth is I don't know where I lost it
Always restless, tossing and turning into feigned sleep
I wish I could tell you where it all began
You, so eager yet so listless
As you leaned back in your tarnished chair
The walls always seemed more narrow
When you were around
Like the world was closing in on us
Perhaps it was.

With things always moving at a blinding pace
Not a moment to breathe or look into a mirror
You never ceased to stop time
I wonder what we'd all feel like
If we knew how we looked on the inside
I would soar and drift through the daylight
Eyes glazed with the pain of absolutely nothing
Like air was ailing my soul
Perhaps it was.

They say there's no place like home,  if you know where to go
They say there's no place like home,  if you know where to go
Perhaps there is no place at all.




ll

No comments: