Thursday, October 25, 2012

Autumn In Frames

I sailed across a sea of buildings, scraping the tops of them as their inhabitants slept quietly throughout the night. Some lights never go out, some people never stop screaming, others they never quit dreaming(even when they're awake). I know this because I have felt all of their sorrow and happiness, all of their anger and peace, all of the beauty in each of their breakdowns. We are all really the same deep down, when no one is watching.

The dawn is forgiving today, the faint majesty of purple light eases into a rosy golden morning, drenching the city in warmth. As the sun starts to rise into the sky, I know it is October. You know when you are content and you know when you are happy...they are two different things. On this day the universe has filled my entire soul up beyond its measure. Tears can come to my eyes if I breathe too deep, my heart is beating out of it's chest. I am right here soaking up all of infinity in a single moment. There is no yesterday and there is no tomorrow. There is this.

The cadence of sounds are climbing up inside of me, falsettos and baritones never leaving me with an instant of dissatisfaction. Have you ever heard the world sing? It is more brilliant than one could ever imagine, and if you listen closely it can change you. The park is breathing and exhaling the vitality of autumn. Leaves once resplendent lay defeated on the cobblestone walkway. I don't mind watching them fall as they twist and turn gleaming in the ambient sunlight, like honey trickling down from the sky. This is all of the love I have, and there is no longer any distance between my hopes and the stars.

No comments: