My restless spine lies on words never spoken
Time wasted with broken clocks
Time that we never had to begin with
Tomorrow comes too quickly
Yesterday seems a lifetime away
Waiting hopelessly
For some break in the clouds
Some whisper in the wind
To tell us we're stumbling in the right direction
Always on the verge of hitting the edge
Where ever that may lie
My identity swept away from beneath me
So I'm lost and now I have everything to learn
Trying to catch up from an eternity of mistakes
Of treachery and deceit so paralyzing
That it is difficult to move again
So tear away these layers of mistrust and doubt
Until I'm stripped down bare
Free of pre-conceived notions and biased opinions
So I can embrace the world around me
And breathe the air that was meant to keep me alive
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment