The slightest touch is too much to handle
You and I, we have our walls
No good-willed force could bring them down
But you could walk right through
If you only knew the rules I broke for you
You didn't hear the words I spoke to you
While we were fast asleep
Halfway dying in our dreams
Maybe someday you could be me
To finally understand
Why I haven't let you go
To show you the things you wanted to know
The things that I'll never tell
And maybe it could have worked
In another lifetime less tragic and cursed
Maybe the other you is waiting
Somewhere for another me
To go to those places we'll never get to see
To be those people we always wanted to be
Hopelessly and desperately
Wearing our hearts on our sleeve
No scars and no regrets
So raise your glass to the other you and I
The ones that weren't too cowardly to give love a try

No comments:
Post a Comment