Friday, October 1, 2010

The best we can do is breathe

You're everything I see 
Everywhere I go
Every artist on the side of the street
Trying to sell his heart
Each writer with a pen in hand
Who doesn't know where to start
Each movement of a dancer
Spinning into a pirhouette
An empty soul walking through the park
Wondering if they still have a silhouette
Every homeless man in front of the liquor store
Asking for an extra cigarette
You're the stormcloud in the distance
Threatening to cry on me
You're the promise of persistence 
But now you're starting to die on me
You're the comfort of tomorrow
And the sadness of yesterday
The stranger that once was welcome
But so comfortable he wears his stay
You're the arrow that pierced my heart
But the angel was shooting from behind
I wasn't ready but here I stand
Trying to make the best of what I couldn't find

No comments: