Saturday, May 1, 2010
take me back, i beg you
I wanna go back and relive the days I didn't appreciate until now. The days when my only worry was choosing an outfit that I wouldn't get in trouble for at school. The days when I believed in everything and doubted nothing. When I loved with my whole heart, not a bunch of jumbled up pieces sewn back together. When holding hands meant you were boyfriend and girlfriend, not some complicated excuse for a relationship. When we would break into hotel pools during summertime, and pray that we wouldn't get kicked out before we got a tan. When I didn't feel guilty for having fun. The days when getting drunk wouldn't cost $100. When we would meet in the halls and pass notes folded into perfect shapes, containing the secrets to all of our lives. The days when I would eat two bowls of captain crunch and not worry how many calories were in each bite. When everything was an adventure. When we would climb houses in the midst of being built and drink beer on the rooftops, thinking we were on top of the world. The days where rain didn't mean staying inside, it meant boogie-boarding down the iceplant, smiling ear to ear and soaked to the bone. When getting all dolled up and going nowhere was the highlight of our saturday nights. When we would ride our skateboards 2 miles to the store, praying the boys would see us and think we were cool. When I would send postcards on family trips to friends, knowing I'd be back before it would arrive in their mailboxes. The days when I would still pinch myself to see if something was a dream or reality. The days when I didn't need to bring money to school for food, because if you asked 15 people for a quarter, you'd have enough for a chicken sandwich. When I wanted to be older and didn't fear being older. I wonder what the old me would say to the new one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpgjAMahdko&feature=related
(where I grew up)
The distant dream of innocence lies within the bounds of corruption's futility.
Post a Comment