I am the wind beneath your wings
Everything that you ignored
Everything you took for granted
All the signs you failed to see
All the unspoken thoughts
that you smiled to yourself about
All the chances that slipped away
All the pennies you threw into that wishing well
All the times you crossed your fingers
Every candle you blew out
Every toast you raised your glass to
I am your eleven past eleven
Every moment you held your breath
Every time you closed your eyes and hoped for something better
I am the charm you clenched too tightly (it was only for good luck)
I am the shoulder you failed to cry on
The best friend you never confided in
All the secrets you did not tell
All the letters you wrote but could not send
I am the crowd that cheered you on
when you did not believe in yourself
I was the one in the corner smiling
when everyone else was unsure
I was always there
I have always been there
And nothing will change
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment