Friday, July 17, 2009
piece of mind. peace of mind.
In my failed attempt to make a difference in this world, I stumbled upon an unintended success in finding myself. I have learned that the ones we love the most are the ones that can hurt us the worst, and that getting hurt is the only thing that can make us stronger. That the more we cry, the less we feel the pain. That the angrier we become, the less we have control. I've learned that the more we know, the less we judge. That we can only learn with an open mind, and a closed mind just leads to arrogance and naivety. That sometimes we need to look at the bigger picture in order to notice the smaller details. That enjoying the simple things in life are the only things that can make it seem less complicated. I've learned that we cannot love another if we hate ourselves. That we cannot succeed if we cannot handle failure. That the less we have, the more we appreciate. That the more we have, the more we want, and the greedier we become. I've learned that you cannot love with a broken heart. That the slower we move, the more we see. I've learned that you can't let go unless you are ready to, but if you hold on to something for too long then you will never escape the past. I've learned that things and people change, and there is nothing any of us can do to avoid it. I've learned that the most beautiful things in life are often found when we are not searching for them. I've learned that hope is the only intangible thing that can keep us going, and if that is all we have, that is enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You have a wisdom beyond your years and articulate that well in your writing.
words to live by...
Post a Comment