Here I stand, disoriented
In all these unfamiliar places
Sick of people and their two faces
You will not find me here again
I'll disappear in time
Leave nothing but my words behind
Forgotten just as quickly as I had escaped
I always wanteed more than this world could give
Afraid not of dying, but to never have lived
I tried making the best of what I was able
Enjoying the times that were shaken and unstable
The ride is always better than the destination
So reached out in my salvation
My reflection a stranger
Myself unknown
I've felt whole and complete
I've felt alone
I've been real and I've been an illusion
I've felt welcome
I've been an intrusion
Life is often misunderstood
We always search desparately for an answer
Perhaps it doesn't exist
And in our constant questioning we've missed
All the things that might give us meaning
That are full of truth and comfort
I'm in no hurry to know
I'll take my time
As time lets me go
I will lead a life fulfilled
For I did not live in fear of the end
But learned to enjoy the thrill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment